How to Connect Firestick to WiFi without Remote
Do you need to connect Firestick to WiFi without a Remote?
Recently, there have been several reports that people are having trouble connecting their Firestick to their WiFi.
With the summer holidays coming and many families starting to stream TV shows and movies online, this can be a big problem.
This article will show you how to connect your Firestick to WiFi without using a remote.
What is a Firestick?
A Firestick is a small, inexpensive piece of hardware that connects to your home’s WiFi and lets you watch streaming video, play games, and access other entertainment content from apps like Netflix and Hulu.
It’s a great way to upgrade your current viewing set up with multiple streaming options available.
You can get a Fire stick from Amazon here.
This is Amazon’s most powerful streaming stick: with increased performance over the previous Fire Stick 4K, with crisper navigation and smoother graphics.
You can enjoy better and more crisp 4K streaming across multiple Wi-Fi (6) devices with support for next-generation Wi-Fi 6 over your Wi-Fi network.
You can stream in 4K Ultra HD with the Dolby Vision Sound and crisp Dolby Atmos audio for an experience if you were at the cinema.
There are hundreds of thousands of films and TV episodes are available to stream from BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Prime Video, Now, Disney+, and other services, as well as millions of songs. *There may be a subscription cost for you to pay.
To connect your Firestick to WiFi, follow these simple steps:
1. Plug in your Firestick.
2. Open the Firestick’s main menu (usually by pressing the “home” button on your Firestick remote and then selecting “menu”).
3. Under “Settings,” select “Network.”
4. Under the “WiFi Network Names” section, enter the name of your WiFi network and press “enter.”
5. Select the “Connect to Network” option. This should be under the network settings option. Your Firestick should now be online with your WiFi network.
How to Connect Your Firestick to your WiFi without Remote
Using the Fire TV App on a mobile device, or a HDMI-CEC Remote, or an Echo or Echo Dot, you can connect a Firestick to WiFi without a remote.
You may operate your Firestick using an HDMI-CEC remote. Using a HDMI CEC device control along with a universal remote, is one of the easiest ways to control the Amazon Fire TV stick.
Consumer Electronics Control stands for Consumer Electronics Control, and a HDMI CEC remote is similar to a universal remote.
These remote controls are typically used with HDMI-compatible devices.
The Fire TV stick is an HDMI-supported device that HDMI-CEC can control because it connects via HDMI port.
To use an Echo or Echo Dot, follow these steps:
1. To access the main menu, tell your Echo.
2. Navigate to the Settings tab.
3. Then go to the TV & Video section.
4. Select a Fire TV Stick.
5. Then the setup instructions should follow.
6. To complete the connection, select the Link Devices option.
You may need to pair a new remote control to your Firestick, which can be done using the Fire TV app:
1. On your mobile device, launch the Fire TV app.
2. Go to Settings on your device using the Fire TV remote app.
3. Choose your Bluetooth devices and controllers.
4. Amazon Fire TV Remotes of your choice.
5. Select the Add New Remote option.
6. Choose the remote with which you want to pair.
How to Connect Your Firestick to WiFi without WiFi Extender
If you have a Firestick but don’t have a WiFi extender or don’t reach all of your devices, you can connect your Firestick to WiFi using the following steps.
To start, open the Settings on your Firestick. From here, select “WiFi.”
Under “WiFi Networks,” you will see all of the connected networks to your home. Tap on the web that you want to connect to.
Now enter your WiFi password (or use the network’s default password).
You will now be able to browse the internet and access all of your devices that are connected to that network.
How to Watch TV, Movies, and Videos on Your Firestick
If you’re looking to connect your Fire TV Stick to a WiFi network, you can do so without using the remote control. Here’s how:
1. Open the Settings menu on your Fire TV Stick.
2. Select System.
3. Select About Fire TV.
4. Click on the Remote and Devices section.
5. Click on the Connections button (the three lines in a blue circle).
6. Select WiFi Networks and Scan for Available Networks.
7. If there is a network named “Firestick” connected to your home’s WiFi, select it and click on the Connect button (the three lines in a green circle).
If not, enter the address of a nearby WiFi network into the appropriate field and click on the Connect button.
If you’re trying to connect your Firestick to your WiFi network but don’t have a remote, you can go about it.
Hopefully, these steps above will have helped you connect your Firestick to your WiFi.