How to Stream on Discord Mobile: A Comprehensive Guide
Discord is a chat app designed for gamers that allows you to voice and text chat with your friends while gaming. It’s a great way to stay connected with your friends during game sessions, and you can also use it to stream games live to your viewers. You can use Discord on your computer or mobile device, and you can even connect it to your TV for streaming purposes.
If you want to know how to stream on Discord mobile, then you’ve come to the right place. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll show you everything you need to know about streaming games on your phone or tablet using Discord. We’ll cover the basics of setting up your stream, choosing the right game to play, and adding some extra polish to your broadcast. So, if you’re ready to take your mobile streaming game to the next level, read on!
1. Download the Discord mobile app.
You can find the Discord app for both iOS and Android users in their respective app stores. Once you have it installed on your phone or tablet, open the app and log in with your account credentials.
2. Create a server for your stream.
Once you’re logged in, you’ll be taken to the main screen of the app. Here, you can either join an existing server or create your own. For the purposes of this guide, we’ll assume that you’re creating a new server for your stream.
To do this, tap on the “+” icon in the top-left corner of the screen. This will bring up a menu of options. Tap “Create Server” from this menu.
3. Give your server a name and an optional image.
You’ll be prompted to give your new server a name and an optional image. The name can be anything you want, but we recommend something that will let viewers know what your stream is all about. For example, you could name your own Discord server “Mobile Phone Gaming Stream” or something similar.
4. Invite your friends to join your Discord server.
Now that your server voice channel is set up, it’s time to invite your friends to join in on the fun! To do this, tap on the “Invite People” button in the top-right corner of the screen. This will bring up a menu of options. Select “Invite by Link” from this menu.
You’ll be given a link that you can share with your friends. Tap on the “Copy” button to copy the link, and then send it to your friends via your preferred chat app.
5. Once they’ve joined, start streaming!
Now that your friends have joined your server, you’re ready to start streaming. To do this, tap on the “horizontal bar” button at the bottom of the screen. This will bring up a menu of options. Select “Screen Share” from this menu.
You’ll be taken to a new screen where you can choose the game you want to stream, as well as the quality and resolution of your stream. Once you’ve made your selections, tap on the “Screen Sharing” button in the bottom-right corner of the screen, and you’ll start streaming on the entire screen. You can tap on the same screen sharing option if it hasn’t started yet.
6. That’s it! You’re now streaming on Discord mobile.
You can now chat with your viewers and interact with them in real-time through this voice call. When you’re ready to end your video call, simply tap on the “Stop Streaming” button in the top-right corner of the screen.
How to Choose the Right Game to Stream
Now that you know how to stream on Discord mobile, it’s time to choose the right game to stream. Not all games are well-suited for mobile streaming video calls, so it’s important to select a title that will run smoothly and look good on your phone or tablet. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a game to stream:
- Graphics: Mobile streaming is limited by the processing power of your phone or tablet. As such, you’ll want to avoid games with very demanding graphics. Games that are heavily reliant on graphical effects (such as explosions or particle effects) will likely not run well on mobile devices.
- Resolution: Mobile devices have a limited number of pixels, so you’ll want to choose a game that doesn’t require a high resolution to look good. Games with simple graphics or 2D graphics will work well on mobile devices.
- Control scheme: It’s important to choose a game that can be played easily with touch controls. Games that require precise timing or complex button inputs are not well-suited for mobile streaming.
- File size: Mobile devices have limited storage, so you’ll want to avoid games that are very large in file size. Games that can be downloaded and played offline are ideal for mobile streaming.
With these factors in mind, here are a few games that we recommend streaming on Discord mobile:
- Apex Legends
- Call of Duty: Mobile
- Clash Royale
- Stardew Valley
These are just a few examples of games that work well on mobile devices. When choosing a game to stream, be sure to test it out beforehand to ensure that it runs smoothly and looks good on your phone or tablet.
Discord Mobile Streaming Tips
Now that you know how to stream on Discord mobile, here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your mobile streaming experience:
- Use a tripod: A tripod will keep your phone or tablet steady while you’re streaming, ensuring that your viewers have a clear and stable view of the action.
- Use an external microphone: Mobile devices have limited audio quality, so using an external microphone will help your viewers hear you clearly.
- Use a game capture card: A game capture card will allow you to stream console games on your mobile device. This is ideal for gamers who want to stream their PlayStation or Xbox gameplay.
- Use a streaming app: There are a number of apps that can be used to improve your mobile streaming experience. Twitch and OBS Studio are two popular options.
With these tips in mind, you’re ready to start streaming on Discord mobile like a pro!